Thursday 13 August 2009

First Life Emerging from the Sea

A piece of soapstone became the first of this series of sculptures.A form was carved from the stone without my having reflected about what shape it should have, it emerged.
I have cast 3 and sold 2, mounted in different ways. I decided to make a larger version (one cast and sold) and then a very large version. So that it could be seen that I could enlarge my small pieces.It has been in Alastair Hull's Haddenham Gallery sculpture garden for a year and is now on my terrace in Gröbenzell.
I was delighted when it was exhibited in Ely Cathedral, somewhere where I have often worshipped and whose hidden corners (the prior's doorway and the tiles in Prior Crauden's chapel)are very special.


Prices from €600
€15000
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment