Thursday 13 August 2009

Maggie Learning to Walk

It took 24 years to find the inner space to make this figure. I was badly missing the children.
I modelled it directly in wax, in summer, took it to the foundry and put it in the fridge. When I returned it had been cast..but not a single foot touched the ground..I like to think that a thirsty founder had reached for a beer and instead grabbed the little figure. Instead of asking me to repair it, someone cast it..It took 17 cuts and re welds to more or less fix it (Maggie going uphill which George Ellis has) and I made a new mould and the figure as I had wanted it appeared.
This is my most popular sculpture,I have cast and sold 9. As always, each is very different..The last one has the mother with Maggie's hairstyle..she is now the mother..Maggie and Laila

Price from € 600
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment